Information & Ordering
Customer Service & Ordering
· General ordering/payment information
· Journal subscriptions & prices
· Books & single journal issues
Notices & Status
Books & single journal issues
Contact information, order processing, and payment
Please see General ordering/payment information.
For booksellers: Book discount rates and shipping
Book discount rates are by arrangement with each distributor or bookseller who purchases stock or sells on consignment.
Terms of stock shipment are also by arrangement with each distributor or bookseller.
To discuss discount rates or terms of shipment, please contact Customer Service.
List prices of books
Please note that the list price of each book publication is given with its listing in the Books section of the website.
When books are ordered retail directly from International Press, our standard shipping fees and methods apply. (See below.)
Standard shipping fees/methods: for retail book or journal single-issue orders direct from International Press
- To a destination within the U.S.A. or Canada:
US$12.00 for first book, US$4.00 for each additional book
Usual shipment method: US Postal Service Priority Mail.
- To a destination not within the U.S.A. or Canada:
US$18.00 for first book, US$9.00 for each additional book
Usual shipment method: US Postal Service Priority Mail International.
Book return policy
Purchased books must be returned to us in their original (i.e., new) condition:
- Retail: return within sixty (60) days of your receipt of the merchandise.
- Wholesale (distributors, agents, bookstores, etc.): return within 12 months of your receipt of the merchandise.
Please return merchandise, with paperwork, to our warehouse at this address:
Attn: Donna Machonis
Publishers Storage and
46 Development Road
Fitchburg, MA 01420-6019
With your return, please enclose a copy of the purchase order or the paid sales invoice of the merchandise being returned, or indicate the relevant purchase order number or invoice number.
- If you are returning merchandise that you received in damaged condition, then we will issue you a full refund for the amount paid for your order of the merchandise. We will also refund or pay your shipping expenses for the return.
- Otherwise, we will issue you a refund for the amount paid for the merchandise, less a re-stocking fee of $10, and shipping expense of the return will remain your responsibility. Please allow thirty (30) days for receipt of your refund.
It is recommended that you pack your return securely in a sturdy shipping carton, and use a reliable, traceable, and verifiable shipping method to return books. International Press is not liable for book returns which are lost or damaged in transit.
Claims for unreceived items
When customer claims that an item—either a book or a singly-ordered journal issue—has not been received, the claim will be honored and a replacement shipped at no charge only under these conditions: (1) sufficient time has been allowed for shipment of the item; (2) I.P. cannot provide any proof of delivery to shipping address given by the customer for that order.
Once it has been determined that a replacement item will be sent, the customer will be asked to confirm the shipping address, and then a replacement item will be shipped by UPS or FedEx, the shipment being trackable online. If the shipment’s delivery address was shipping address confirmed by the customer, and if the shipper’s records indicate that the replacement item was delivered to that address, then the claim shall be closed. Once the claim is closed, the customer will be required to purchase any replacement item and to pay for its shipment.
Purchase of single journal issues
Printed journal issues may be purchased individually.
To inquire about the price and availability of any single printed journal issue—from either the current subscription year or past years, please contact International Press customer service.
Single journal issue return policy
We do not accept returns of single journal issues.